OUR RESULTS ARE MEASURABLE
Situation: A 500 bed hospital needed assistance in identifying, implementing and measuring recurring annual cost reductions.
• Over $250 million in clinical and non-clinical spend
• Target categories included med/surg, orthopedic implants, reference lab testing, office related expenses, and facilities
• Limited value analysis processes in place.
Results: Identified and implemented over $5 million in savings. Instituted a value analysis program to drive continuous improvement.
Situation: A global automotive and equipment rental company set goals of improving profitability by reducing costs by $100 million
• Total non-salary spend of over $1.5 billion
• Client had existing spend controls and sourcing practices in place, and was looking for further optimization
• Significant consolidation had already occurred
Results: Conducted diagnostic reviews of all major spend categories and supplier relationships to develop a wave plan of opportunities. Pursued an incumbent vendor priority strategy based on benchmarking and market research combined with targeted competitive bidding processes. Implemented and measured over $100 million of recurring annual cost savings.
Situation: Blue Hill was retained by a private equity firm to assist a family clothing retailer with over 350 stores and $1.3 billion in sales in identifying strategic operational improvements and implementing cost savings.
• Conducted a detailed review and analysis of annual spend.
• Identified 9 key areas to analyze spend patterns, historical pricing and account value, and combined this detailed account analysis with Blue Hill intellectual property to develop business cases and action plans
Results: Implemented over $6.2 million in annualized recurring savings while maintaining or improving service and quality.